I love this time of year in the garden, especially the succulents. They are blooming with rich vibrant colors and uniquely complex textures and patterns that provide wonderful depth to our backyard garden. This week I took a handful of great photos that I’m going to be posting here over the next week. Here are two photos showcasing blossoms up close and in detail with the curly little sigmas coming out of the flowers. Use as wallpapers for your desktop, iPad (now in iPad 3 size), iPhone, and now in Facebook Timeline Cover size. Feel free to share and I hope you enjoy them.
Blossom Sigma One
Blossom Sigma Two
- Blossom Stigma: Zip
- Blossom Stigmas One: Desktop iPad iPhone Facebook
- Blossom Stigmas Two: Desktop iPad iPhone Facebook
- Original photos on Flickr
- Shot with Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
- Succulent Garden at Lotusland
- Desert and Succulent Garden at The Huntington
- Book: Hardy Succulents: Tough Plants for Every Climate on Amazon
- Book: Succulent Container Gardens: Design Eye-Catching Displays with 350 Easy-Care Plants on Amazon
- Succulent plants on Wikipedia
Do you enjoy succulent plants? Please feel free to share your thoughts below, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the desktops!